Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Deactivate voicemail landline

Ok, so, I've been a customer of Tv, BB n phone for over 10 years, I took the phone out of socket years ago due to having young children so when I started having issues with TiVo box I plugged phone back in and had no dial tone, after a year of trying to contact Virgin media by phone (0345 number n using all mobile's credit) and live chat with those issues plus another 450 issues and constantly being disconnected, issues were finally rectified, an engineer came for fault check, I now have a new V6 box and new BB Hub 3 but engineer didn't sort phone line through Hub 3 due to me not knowing if I was keeping same package or removing phone. Anyway, I decided to keep all 3 services after contact with retention team and sorting new package/contract. I've bought a new house phone and plugged into wall socket to check and it's working now but it's a different phone number to my original.

1. How? The voicemail welcome message came through as soon as I picked handset up! Which I activated without knowing when I dialled 1571 as it said I have messages. Pfft. Naughty, sneaky Virgin media!

2. How do I turn off voicemail on my landline please?

3. An Engineer is coming next week to replace old V HD box with V6 n should be changing where phone line runs from:-

A) Do I have to have it running through Hub 3?

B) If I do will it reset voicemail again? If so I'll wait n get switched off then. Or can it be switched off when engineer activates phone line?

C) Will engineer supply the little adaptor thing for back of hub? Or will I have to buy my own?

D) How do I block hidden numbers and does it cost anything?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deactivate voicemail landline

Hi TammyJSheard

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

A) the V6 needs to be connected to your hub 3, either wireless or wired connection

B) We can turn the voicemail off for you, however as there is an open work order going through, we'll need to wait for that to complete first

C) The engineer should supply the adapter for the phone if you're on the DOCSIS connection (phone through router)

D) We're not able to block certain numbers I'm afraid. However, what I'd recommend personally is to buy a handset that does a call guardian feature phone, basically screens all calls coming through. Not something we support but we have it here and only seem to get the numbers we want calling us

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying and glad to be here

A. Sorry I ment do I have to have the phone running through the hub? 

B. Yeah thought so, just double checking. Will ask again or return to this post when all work finished?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

Yeah all phones are going through the router going forward 🙂

Please do pop back when sorted and we can get the removal of the voicemail done 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos