cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 15 without a landline

roy469
Tuning in

Up until 24.07.23 we had 2 landlines, since we worked from home. Our switchover to fibre was last year so both were via the router.  We have now retired and agreed with Virgin to cancel the additional line. The date was agreed and from mid morning on 24.07.23, we lost both lines. The situation was reported and an engineer was sent the next day. He stated that all was connected ok and that there was nothing he could do. He called Virgin in my presence and was told that it would be resolved within 48 hours. I left it until 01.08.23 before contacting Virgin again. I was told I need an engineer visit, despite me saying that a previous visit was unsuccessful. The second engineer asked me to look at the GUI of the router, which reported that telephony was disabled. He said there was nothing he could do and that I should get in touch with Virgin and explain this. A third contact has not resolved the situation. I said that we may as well cancel the remaining line but was told this could not be done within the contract period. Next week, I will received an invoice including a landline that does not work. Sorry for the long post, but I have run out of ideas. 

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @roy469 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the landline issue.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill