cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date for switch over

Map64
Joining in

I received my new adapter just after Xmas but no date for when it is changing over my landline is still currently working. Would like to know when it will switch over but cannot find any information on Virgin Media page 

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Map64

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you've not received your communication about the home phone switch over in your area. You should have received this a month before the switch over date. 

I can confirm that for you area the home phone switch over will full migrate on 24th January 2023. On this date, please set up your phone with the adapter and router and reboot your hub. Keep us updated if you have any further issues or concerns. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

GoNzO
On our wavelength

Just received my adapter yesterday and the info tell me that all my other extensions will not work in the house ???? is there a workaround to keep my extensions working hope there is otherwise looks like me going  elsewhere.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@GoNzO wrote:

Just received my adapter yesterday and the info tell me that all my other extensions will not work in the house ???? is there a workaround to keep my extensions working hope there is otherwise looks like me going  elsewhere.

Even if you move to another supplier, you are likely to find it is the phone-via-router method which is offered for any new landline service. All suppliers are phasing out traditional landlines as part of a national programme of work

https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.