Menu
Johook
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Damaged cables

I have had ongoing issues with a damaged cable exposed and it keeps getting damaged as it’s just a cable running along the side of a path. 
There is no trunking to protect it and it’s not buried, today we got an engineer out because our phone line is dead and he told me the worst damaged cable which was practically shredded was an old cable and that it the other cable was ours. 
the other cable was also damaged and my husband had put tape on it himself. 
The engineer said that my phone line fault was in the box and there was no spare lines so I have to have the phone plugged into my hub. 
mom explaining that the taped up wire was a home repair and I was not happy him leaving it he had another look and realised that infact the cable that was shredded isn’t an old cable and is my internet cable, he has taped that up and just left it.
He said there’s no point repairing the damaged phone cable as it’s been disconnected now. I have attached a photo, the taped up cable is my internet cable and this is how it’s been left and the one running to the side was my phone cable and was also damaged but he said to pull that out now as it’s been disconnected. 
Is this standard practice?
Shouldn’t he have replaced all the damaged cables and put them in proper protective trunking? 
Why is a phone line included in my Bill if I now no longer have a phone line? 

0 Kudos
Johook
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged cables

D170B268-BF8E-46A8-B326-A872571B9E51.jpeg

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Johook

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your cabling issues and recent experience when speaking to one of our technicians. This isn't the experience we want for any of our customers and we're happy to help via  he forums.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Rob

0 Kudos
Johook
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks rob I have replied, I tried calling but after being on hold for 25mins someone picked up and then cut off so I’m no further forward

0 Kudos
Johook
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They came and replaced the cable but they didn’t even bother burying it properly, there is a big lump running right across my lawn and where they didn’t dig it deep enough the lawn is laying on the plastic and the grass is now dying, in some areas the pipe casing is already coming through the top. 
This is not the standard I expect and I’m really annoyed that they have damaged my lawn whilst still not doing their job properly 

308DF5C5-581B-4F2B-8D04-06C45DEC63DD.jpeg

D0988E08-C6E8-495B-9B09-4C97130B2A96.jpeg

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johook,

Thank you for the update.

I am sorry to see that the cables were not buried deep enough during the engineers return to your property. I'm going to contact the Area Field Manager to make them aware and see if they can send another team out to come and take a look. 

We aren't currently conducting non essential jobs at the moment due to Covid-19, so we may have to wait until these jobs are resumed until we can get a team out to you, however I will see what the Area Field Manager advises first.

Once I hear back from them I will provide you with any updates from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos