Menu
MadaboutMorse50
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DOCSICS 3 Home Phone

Hi,

I moved from a house with a Virgin Media Landline to a house without a VM landline.

It seems that no one on the planet can name an actual phone I can use with the broadband service via HUB3. 
Even Google doesn’t seem to know.

I have been seen advice to try a DECT or VOIP phone but nowhere does it say any phone is VM HUB3 compatible and VM will only say it needs to be DOCSICS3 compatible.

My existing DECT phone is apparently too old. It’s not the service.

However, the home phone sales industry doesn’t  seem to have caught up with Superfast VM yet.

I find it incredible this is the case. So I expect I have got this completely wrong. I hope someone can help.

My contract is up for renewal in a few months and whilst I receive a  monthly credit for lack of phone service it would be great to have the peace of mind that comes with a working home phone.

BTW I have been a Virgin Media customer for 20+ years and love em but do not appreciate receiving 3 calls in a fortnight all saying thank you for being a customer with us for the last 9 months 

MadaboutMorse50_0-1602708654214.png

Kind regards,

MAM50

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DOCSICS 3 Home Phone

Any Normal phone works, you dont need anything fancy

0 Kudos
MadaboutMorse50
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Insightful person for responding to my email.

The problem I have is the following:

moved in on 11 Dec 2019

After 3 months including 3 complaints and escalations and discussions with 1st 2nd and 3rd faults and an engineer visit I was advised in no uncertain terms the Hub3 was fine and the service was working well. So I would have to update phone. The 5-7 year old BT Dect phone. 

I may just buy a Gigaset phone and see.

Thank you

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A 5 year phone is normally fine if you connect it via the dongle in this photo using the original BT wire that came with your phone not the white one supplied in the box.

But if the phone is faulty you can buy any modern phone it will work including Gigaset

0 Kudos