Menu
neilpmccoll
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DECT phone saying "line cord error" - no in/out calls - help!

Hi,

My 1st post on this forum.  DECT phone (BT) using Virgin landline has stopped working.  DECT base station says "line cord error".  Nothing has changed physically, as far as I can tell.

I don't have a spare landline handset (but am trying to borrow one) to see if it is the DECT base station.

Any other options I can pursue?  Can I use the phone socket at the back of my Hub 3.0?

Thanks

Neil

0 Kudos
neilpmccoll
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: DECT phone saying "line cord error" - no in/out calls - help!

I've no splurged £6.99 on a basic phone from Argos.  Plugged in  - nothing...  Am now seeking help from Virgin Helpline....  

Anyone got any better suggestions?

THanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have done what you can to test. (Ideally best to plug the corded test phone into the main/master socket and unplug any other devices on your home extension sockets so as to minimise any issues with your home wiring or other faulty devices in the house causing problems).

Ring in via mobile to log the fault or login to ‘My Virgin Media’ and run the service status tests

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status

As I understand it, those are the two official ways to log your service failure and start the count for any automatic compensation you may be entitled to for a total failure of service

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

The forum team will respond on here but may take up to a week to reply and I don't think reporting on here is counted as an official method of logging the fault WRT any possible outage compensation claim.

If you phone in, most suggest the best chance of getting through is early at 08:00.

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi neilpmccoll, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the delayed response.

I'm sorry about the problems you've had with your phone line too. I've taken a look into this today and can see action has already been taken so this can be resolved for you.

Please keep us updated with ho this progresses, or let us know if there's anything else we may be able to assist with from here.

Tom 

neilpmccoll
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin engineer visited.  Not our phone - problem was at Virgin street box.  All sorted now.

Tags (2)
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello neilpmccoll

Thanks for letting us know the fault has been fixed

Sorry again for any inconvenience we may have caused you 

Gareth_L