cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cv21 ren number

suzmatthews
Joining in

Our landline stopped working. Engineer came and gave us adapter for cv21 and changed the signal over. There has been no dial tone. Technical team says we need a phone ren value of over 1 which ours apparently isn’t.

How do I find a phone that will work? I cannot see any reference to ren numbers when trying to buy a phone. Our current phones are not old Panasonic KX-TGK220F We were not warned that our phones wouldn’t work, were told it would just work.

14 REPLIES 14

Hi suzmatthews,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear you are still facing the same issue, I was able to locate you on our system using the details we have for you and cannot see any issues our end, everything is set up correctly.

What handset do you have?

You can find all the information around our 21CV (Phone Line Via the Router) here. including compatible equipment and trouble shooting.

Regards

Paul.

Our handset is Panasonic KX-TGK220F - a twin handset. It is not very old and a mainstream brand, mid price. I have already read everything you have linked to - there is no indication of which handsets are compatible. It says to check with manufacturers, I have tried to do this and kind find no information. If these phones don’t work - widely available trusted phones that would seem a significant issue at significant cost to the customer. Equally I have no way of knowing which phones would work.

is it possible the adapter is faulty? Or can an engineer come with equipment that definitely works to find the problem? Clearly this unending circle of being told there is no problem from VM end with no advice of how to resolve it from our end is not going to change the situation.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello suzmatthews.

Everything for here is perfect services working fine.

Are you able to test a an alternative handset in the socket?

Gareth_L

Suzmatthews

It is indeed perfectly possible that the adapter they sent is faulty, you might want to consider the option of getting a replacement yourself (something like this would be fine for the princely sum of £4.40 - you can always return it if no good).

Now unlike the network ethernet ports on the hub, the telephone ports have no link or activity LEDs to let you know that they are working. It's all a bit of guesswork as to where the issue is, So if we assume that your phone hasn't suddenly gone bad and there is really no reason why it wouldn't work, then the options are;

The adapter is faulty;
The cable connecting your phone to the adapter has gone bad or become partially disconnected at the phone end;
Despite what you have been told, after all VM actually haven't switched you over yet - easy to test if you plug the phone back into the original wall socket;
The Tel1 socket on the hub is faulty - alas you can't use the Tel2 one.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was the adapter.

John

@suzmatthews wrote:

Our handset is Panasonic KX-TGK220F - a twin handset. <snip>

Is the Panasonic handset displaying any kind of error message? Examples from the manual include

Base no power, No link, Reconnect AC adaptor, Check phone line