Menu
Slatt
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Customer service

Does anybody know what they are doing at virgin media and actually care about it’s customers. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service

You'd need to draw your own conclusions on that, but is that question "just wondering", or in relation to a problem you want resolving?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Slatt,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you've been so far unimpressed with our customer services.

Can you please advise us all what issues you're facing? We will be happy to see if this can be resolved for you 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Slatt
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We have had no phone for over a month. I have called in a number of times, on my mobile, I had an engineer come out that broke the phone socket off the wall and wasn’t interested. I had three engineers from the cable gang turn up as it was an external fault and hadn’t a clue what they were doing. I had to advise where the pits were and that the duct was blocked from years ago. previously I had to be transferred to another spare cable as they couldn’t install a new one. The engineers came and disappeared with no communication from anybody. Then after a number of one hour phone calls and texts they said they would come back the 27th Jan, then it was the 19th then the 18th and after that I had a text saying 2nd feb. I questioned that this morning via text and they said 2nd feb. as I was texting Virgin turned up to install a cable? There is no communication at all within Virgin. I asked about my bill and would I get a refund for no phone service. The response was I would have to sort it myself. One thing after another and I can see why Virgin get so many complaints. And to top it off they are putting my bill up £4.50 a month. What a joke of a company. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Slatt, and I'm terribly sorry to hear of the difficulties you've faced with the landline services.

Can you tell me if the landline is now working, or if the required work is currently being carried out?

In regards to the refund, we are part of the automated compensation scheme that's been put in place by our regulators, which requires our system to detect losses of services and will then refund customers £8.00 per day for no service beyond the initial 48 hour period, after you've advised us of the fault 

For more information on the scheme, feel free to check out this handy link

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Slatt
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying for over three weeks to get a home phone fault sorted. Cut a long story short they have came to site and installed a new cable. They left site and now the cable ducting is left on top of the ground and the cover hanging off the wall box, rubbish all over my garden including a 12M length of cable that I have cleared away. I want the cable laying at the correct depth as per NJUG at 250mm and not 2mm. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear this Slatt,

In regards to the cabling, I've arranged for an engineer to come and bury this for you. You can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

With the phone line, can you advise what issue you're having with it? Problems with incoming/ outgoing calls/ no dial tone? Has a different handset been tested?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Slatt
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I’ve already been on the phone for the past 40 minutes to an agent I couldn’t understand and ive booked it in.

0 Kudos
Slatt
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

if you read above I have sorted the fault and told your engineer that came out what to do as they had installed a new cable and not passed on any details. I should have irk for virgin media. 

0 Kudos
Slatt
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As for compensation you have offered me around £20? Not the £112 that I should be offered. I’m looking at sky now and thinking of cancelling the account. 

0 Kudos