Menu
KilliePol
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Csl Id Telephone scam

Just had a call from an Indian call centre claiming to be the security department for Virgin media. Call came from a mobile [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]. Wanted me to install an application and give them access to my network. When I asked them to verify they were from Virgin, they got aggressive and after me repeatedly challenging them, I was told to f### off and they hung up. They were quite believable until they got aggressive. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Csl Id Telephone scam

Hi KilliePol,

Thanks for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this and I can confirm this is not us and it is a scammer, I am sorry for any distress this may have caused.

These phone scammers will use an autodialer to call numbers until it rings and will call from spoofed numbers, I would advise keeping blocking them, ignoring and they will tire and move on.

If this is a landline, I would say sign up to TPS if you have not already you can do so here

For mobiles, there is an option on some handset to block unknown callers from coming through 

I hope this helps. 

Zoie

0 Kudos