Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Crossed Line on landline?

Can you help please? At the outset let me say i am not a technical person so will explain the issue in non technical terms and pose a question

I have never had any problems with my (landline )phone line in over thirty years . My problem is that  i am getting what you would have  described in the "old days" as  crossed lines

Specifically today i have had the following:

• picked up the phone to make a call and heard someone speaking on the line
  • phone rang and when i picked it up someone was speaking
  • had a call from France which was cut off ( learnt about it via a mobile call)
  • my wife picked up a message on our voicemail  a few days ago from a person we did not know. It could be a fluke but it ties in with what has happened today

My package is  working well and the phone line shows no issues ( and why would it as i am getting and making calls)

So I just wonder if 

• my phone line has been "tied in, linked with or  crossed/paired in  with someone else's
  • something is not correct

Can anybody help? I bet it is a technical issue which needs sorting and does what i am saying make sense

Any help appreciated

Thanks

•  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crossed Line on landline?

Hi B99T-d, 

Really sorry that you're having some issues with the landline and think it's a crossed line, it does sound that way. 

What I can do is book an engineer visit for you to resolve this, however I do have to advise first if we do attend and no fault is found then there would be a call out fee, but again from what you have advised it does sound like a crossed line. 

Are you happy me to go ahead and book an engineer? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

FAO Emma - C- forum team

Yes i am happy an Engineer is booked  to sort this. Lets hope he does find and fix the fault. I presume that if there is a fault then its free but if a fault cannot be found then it costs . How much please? I hope that some discretion  exits

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian,

Thanks for coming back to us. That is correct. If a fault is found then you would not be charged a call out fee. If no issues are found, either in the home or the external network, then a charge may be applicable, this would be for £99. However please don't let this worry you, as from what you have described, there certainly isn't something right somewhere.

I have arranged the next available slot for you. Feel free to view and manage the appointment via your online account here: virg.in/myVM

If you find that the issue seems to resolve itself, please remember to cancel the appointment to avoid any possible charges if the engineer still turns up and there is no issue.

Please do let us know if there's anything more we can do to help.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for being thick but where is the appointment details . I can not find it . i have followed the link
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It should show your appointment details at the top of the screen once you've signed in.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i have logged into my account. It greets me by name and shows my latest bil and details of my package etc . I can see no appointment date whatsoever. Sorry this is beyond me . To stop continued requests can i please ask you to send me a private message which gives the date and time of the appointment please

Apologies

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian,

I am going to send you a private message now.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos