Menu
Ang1010
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Credit history

I am absolutely fuming to find out after trying to take out a mortgage that my credit score is horrendous! When I looked into this in more detail I was shocked to find there was only 1 problem on my history and it was virgin media. Apparently I have an outstanding amount of £65 for over 4 years hoe I’d this even possible? Yes i did have a problem with my direct debit which caused an issue but as far as I was aware everything was paid. I have been a virgin customer for I er 20 years and pay over £120 a month!

I am beyond unhappy with the reply I received from the virgin media that said ‘I’m sorry you won’t want to hear this but there’s been an outstanding amount so there’s nothing we can do’ WHAT!!! An outstanding amount for over 4 years of less than £70 that’s less than I pay each month for the less than standard service I receive, so now no one will look at me to buy a house for an amount which I could have paid straight away if I had known about it and it’s affects on my credit score!

Absolutely disgusting service from virgin media do you not have an accounts office that calls and chases these kind of payments so people can understand what’s going on!!

I am looking to seek legal advise as I’m not getting anywhere with your credit team and found them to be very unprofessional.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this and can advise me in the next steps? There no way I am letting this stop me buying my forever home for my family!

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit history

Thanks for the post Ang1010 and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the situation, if this was a final bill following disconnection it would be sent in the post to the address. If the account wasn't cancelled then it should have been sent to the email under the ebilling information you input online. 

Did you get through to pay this off? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Ang1010
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No dis connection ever took place and I am still a paying customer this only came to light last month when I was shocked to see my credit history was so bad!

0 Kudos
Ang1010
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As soon as I realised there was a problem I paid it on top of my normal bill, this has been going on for 4 years with me paying monthly for my services why would the amount not have been added on to the payments to cover this and stop this sort of thing happening?

this is disgraceful from virgin media and not sure even lawful. 

I will not be letting this go and will be seeking legal advise to see how I can get this over turned so I can finally buy my forever home!

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this, if you're an active customer any late payments will show on the next bill you would get through letter or email. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos