Menu
happybrian46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Crackly phone line that often cuts out.

Hi,

For the past few weeks our home phone line has been pretty much non functional. The phone rings but you would not be able to hear the line, and if you did, it was just white noise or very crackly.

Today we bought new phones as our current ones were getting old. But the issue still persists, although its not as bad, but still very crackly. 

I have checked all the internal wiring, and plugged the phone cable into the master socket test line, and the results are the same. The online test was also 'inconclusive'.

Another thing to note is that our phone line connected to the outside phone pole has a lot of slack and is wavy and not tight like all the others connected to it, so that might be the issue. I remember a engineer was working on that pole a few weeks ago, (not our line) so that might have something to do with it.

Anyway, I strongly believe its an outside issue, so it would be nice if we could possibly get an engineer to check it.

Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Marty20
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crackly phone line that often cuts out.

Hi

Sorry to hear this. Can you please private message me your account number and area reference so I can look into this for you. To private message me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please be mindful not to post those details in a public reply. Thanks, Marty

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin Media however all responses are based on my experiences in the field and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos