Menu
James41
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Crackling telephone

Hi

I need to book an engineer to look at my phone line which is crackling. I have had an engineer previously who said it was the outside cable being too old. I have had Kier change the outside cable and they said someone else would come to sort out the crackling that was still happening when they left. I have heard nothing.

Please help

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crackling telephone

Hi @James41, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the crackling telephone. I've taken a look into this using your forum details and gone ahead and arranged the soonest visit with an engineer - you will find confirmation via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes.

Tom

0 Kudos
James41
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tom

The engineer arrived and said it was the line inside the house and that another engineer needs to come and create a new phone line within the property. He also completely disconnected us.

We have heard nothing since.

James

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @James41 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

When you say that he completely disconnected you,  do you mean everything, broadband etc? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
James41
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, just the telephone lines

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @James41.

We are going to need to get another engineer to come and put this right. 

I am going assign it to the management team so we can get a senior engineer out, this way we can make sure it is complete it this time around. 

I will also email the area field manager with the information that you have provided me with regards to Kelly's completing the outside work.

Please confirm you are happy for me to book this for you? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
James41
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes please

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @James41,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to request a few more details from you on this.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and then we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @James41,

Following our conversation via private message, a technician appointment has now been scheduled to investigate this matter further.

For security reasons I cannot disclose the time/date of this appointment booking publicly, but you can check this via your My Virgin Media online account where you can also reschedule to a more convenient time if needed.

If you or anyone else in the property exhibits flu-like symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 in the interim, please reschedule accordingly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos