Menu
heathenmagic
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Crackling on phone line

Hello there,

I tried to phone the 150 line, but I get to the point where its running a test and says it looks like a fault is detected. Then it says about booking an appointment for engineer, then suddenly it changes tact and says it is texting a link. Which is just troubleshooting. I understand it is covid restrictions perhaps.

For maybe 2 or 3 weeks now there has been intermittent crackling on the landline. Come to think of it, it seemed to start around the time my new contract started on my account with just a slight increase in tv channels. Maybe coincidence, not sure. It is not the phones as I tried also a non cordless phone, still the same. I think 7 times out of 10 when testing the crackling is there, sometimes really loud sometimes not. Then a minority of times the line is perfect. I have 2 microfilters to try, still the same on each. Tried making sure power sockets and cables snug, though as it is doing it on a non-cordless too (in different room) it can't be that. I have a set of two cordless with separate bases in different rooms, and an old-school corded one. And as crackling not always there, it suggests it must be an issue on the line somewhere outside the house.

Not sure if there is anything I can try, but really I guess I am stuck as it seems they are not able to send an engineer at the moment. Though I am paying quite a bit for my package and have a telephone package I would like to see if I Can get it sorted sooner rather than later. Thanks in advance for any replies.

James

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crackling on phone line

Hi @heathenmagic thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with the quality of your phone service.  I would like to help you with this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @heathenmagic

I have booked the first available appointment for a technician to attend your property.  Please sign into your online account, which you can do here to view and if not convenient amend or cancel.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
heathenmagic
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lee,

Thanks for that, I was able to view the schedule.

Regards,

James

0 Kudos