cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling Noise Landline

Elisabeth1
Joining in

Like a few other users here, I hear very loud crackling noises in my landline phone. All the suggestions on the help and support page do not help. The issue is ongoing and has been preventing me from using the landline for several weeks. There is apparently no issue in my area and my phone set has brand new batteries and is connected to the socket. Not sure what to do now.

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Elisabeth1 

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the phone line issue.

Just confirm for me, are you connected to the Master socket or an extension?

Have you got any equipment connected to the phone and if so, is it more or less than 3 pieces? 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, yes, we tried the main socket but no difference. The crackling noise starts quiet and gets louder and louder.  The phone has 2 parts to it. One is a charging station and then there is the handset.

Thanks for coming back to me. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Elisabeth1
Joining in

Not sure if the assistance from the forum team is working? I have not heard back after I gave my details.

Hi @Elisabeth1 

The forums aren't an instant response but we do have your PM and will respond asap 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Thank you for helping, John. 

Hi @Elisabeth1 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this. Do pop me a message if you need further help with the migration.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Thank you, John. Will do. You have been very helpful.