cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackle on phone line with hub 5

Sooty1963
Tuning in

Since upgrade to hub 5 my phone line crackles and cannot make outgoing calls. Phone plugs into wall socket not hub. Anyone else having same problem or had and resolved any help much appreciated as calling virgin a nightmare 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Vicki

I have tried different handset and everything thing on website but still have an issue on both outgoing and incoming calls.  I can't find any way to contact Virgin to report the problem without spending hours on hold

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sooty1963

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the land line. 

Are you able to receive calls? If so, is there any noise on the line?

Are you able to try a different handset at all?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Vicki

I have tried different handset and everything thing on website but still have an issue on both outgoing and incoming calls.  I can't find any way to contact Virgin to report the problem without spending hours on hold

Thank you @Sooty1963

I will send you a private message now so we can go through some checks and book an engineer visit if required.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I can't get a dial tone and have tried 2 different phones with no joy just get crackles

Please advise how I escalate this and get resolved asap

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sooty1963,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your landline. I can see you are already in a PM with Vikki regarding this issue. Rest assured, she will continue assisting you with this in a private message and help get things resolved.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ