Menu
MirceaM
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cost of line rental

Hi VM,

Up until May 2019 my  monthly bill used to have a line reading "Telephone Line Rental ........£19". All my bills from June 2019 onwards do not specify the cost of line rental any longer  ( the bill format seemed to have changed).

I could do with one of the following:

1. A bill that has the above info about the telephone line rental or

2. An email from VM confirming what the cost of the line rental included in my package is. 

Thanks 

PS I have phoned VM and was confirmed verbally that the cost of the line rental is still £19 and I asked for an email confirming that. What I have been sent is a copy of the contract which I already have, is available online,  it isn't what I asked for and it doesn't specify the cost of the line rental anyway.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost of line rental

Hi MirceaM,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

We don't break down the cost of individual services so this would be why you just see the overall cost of the bundle price.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MirceaM wrote:

Hi VM,

Up until May 2019 my  monthly bill used to have a line reading "Telephone Line Rental ........£19". All my bills from June 2019 onwards do not specify the cost of line rental any longer  ( the bill format seemed to have changed).

I could do with one of the following:

1. A bill that has the above info about the telephone line rental or

2. An email from VM confirming what the cost of the line rental included in my package is. 

Thanks 

This is no longer allowed under new OFCOM rules. Line Rental cannot be shown as a seperate item on advertising or bills & must be added to the Broadband price. The only exception is if the customer ONLY has a telephone contract & not Broadband.

Virgin & all other providers must now abide by this regulation.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

geoffreys
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have just found out (by chance) that I can no longer pay for my home phone line rental in advance - and save quite a bit. It will be added to my overall bill. Your post about OFCOM rule changes would seem to explain this. I hope/assume I will receive a letter from VM explaining this. But I still don't understand why I need to rent a phone cable. Having been a VM broadband/tv/phone customer for about 10 years, I am sure I have covered the cost of installing the phone cable several times over. At £19 per month, or thereabouts, and a very low user of the home phone, it hardly seems worth it. Something to think about.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello geoffreys

Thanks for your post 

Sorry that we no longer have the Line Rental Saver option available any more

You are very welcome to give the team a call on 150  

They can look at what deals are available with Line Rental included 

If you were remove the Line then this would also remove triple discount you have. 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
squibbs
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don't charge separately for line rental because the government stopped it as it was a way of confusing the public.
0 Kudos
squibbs
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was a good wheeze while it lasted but you can be sure they will think up some other scheme to confuse the customer like all utilities
0 Kudos