Menu
ionicwoman69
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cost of engineer

My phone line is hopelessly crackly (unusable) but when I phone to book an engineer (using another phone), I cannot find out what the cost will be if I am deemed to have caused the fault. The junction box was off the wall while I was having other repairs done and I have since replaced the box. I have tried using another phone - one that plugs directly into the wall, ie is not cordless like mine.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost of engineer

The standard charge for a non-fault call out is £99. But VM don't behave like BT when reporting faults and show some flexibility in deciding whose "fault" it is. A crackly line is generally an external fault and can be tricky to repair. Might even need to replace the cable.  VM would do all that at their expense. When you try a directly connected phone is the issue still there? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost of engineer

Hi ionicwoman69,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having a issue with a crackly line, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all.

You can run further checks yourself via your online account, there isn't a charge to send out a technician for a fault however it the issue was due to the junction box you replaced then there could be a £99.00 call out charge which is at the discretion of the technician.

I have arranged a technician for you, you can view and manage the appointment in my virgin media under my appointments, if you no longer wish for a technician you can also cancel it there.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos