Menu
d4v34
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Cordless landline unable to take any incoming calls

Hi,

I've just had 350mb broadband and phone installed on 30/11/2019 and the landline number was ported from my old provider which was TalkTalk,

Everything seems fine except I am unable to take incoming calls. Could this be a porting issue or possibly a voltage issue that some customers have previously posted about?

• The number was ported from TalkTalk
  • The landline phone is cordless Bang and Olufsen Beocomm 6000
  • There is a dial tone
  • I can make outgoing calls
  • I cannot take incoming calls and the landline never rings
  • I have tried a different cordless phone (I don't have a corded phone) with the same result 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cordless landline unable to take any incoming calls

Hi d4v34, 

Thank you for getting touch via the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems receiving incoming calls since your number ported over to us. 

When someone calls you, do they hear a ringing tone and does it click in to voicemail? Also, when you call out, does the correct number appear on the ID?

Let me know how things are and we can go from there 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
d4v34
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

When calling my Virgin number from a different phone I can hear that it's attempting to connect as it rings once in the earpiece and then cuts off.

The phone connected to the Virgin line never rings and does not display a number.

The REN on my phone is 0.5 but there's nothing in the Virgin documentation that indicates that this would be an issue.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update.

Have you been able to try the line with a separate handset plugged in? As we can't see any known area faults which may be affecting this.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
d4v34
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

I have tried it with another handset and it's fine.

The handset that doesn't work on the Virgin equipment works fine on BT and has done for many years.

Again, there's nothing in the Virgin Media documentation that indicates some equipment won't work with the Virgin Media hardware.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It's great to hear that this works with an alternative handset, can we please confirm if you're aware if you're currently subscribed to our 21CV phone line? As this is an updated network some handsets won't work through this, this would be when the phone line comes through the same cable as your broadband line. 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Maz1946
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

I have exactly the same issue. I too have a Beocom 6000 phone and can make calls but not receive. Have tried different cables and had an engineer out yesterday for over 2 hours changing all types of things. No joy. Have had no issue with this with BT or Sky so perhaps Bang & Olufsen have an adapter for this? 

0 Kudos
JR65
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I have the same problem!! - has this been resolved?

0 Kudos
Maz1946
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Nope.

It's clear that not all landline phones are compatible. But nobody has yet to suggest a solution. A Virgin Engineer came round for over an hour trying.

Have tried several adapters but nothing works.

I gave up trying. Plugged in a standard BT landline phone which works.

It would appear the leads have a few wires running inside. They are multi coloured and it's how they are configured. 

0 Kudos
JR65
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply - I thought it would be too hard to solve - dug out the old instruction manual and a Selfridges receipt £325 in May 2002 fell out!!

0 Kudos