Menu
Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Corded telephone

Can someone that works from Virgin Media help me with this one.  When I placed this order online, and I also ordered the Emergency back up line, it promised me, you would provide me with a corded handset.  Here is a screen shot of where it mentions this on your website, as one is placing the order.  I have called customer services quite a few times, told you don’t provide, which is fair enough, but, one should not be promised this in the first place, as this is not fair trade and is misleading.  Having been promised this when placing the order then not getting, I would like some compensation for this.  Here is the screenshot.3D1D0E14-54CE-4EFD-8485-656D09926440.png

0 Kudos
vlain
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Corded telephone

Customer Service of Virgin Media is a shambles! Online ordering even worse!

I signed up online on 10th Aug; at signup was offered 13th or 15th Aug for installation. Very nice! However, then get email confirmation that earliest will be 3rd Sept. Not happy! Promised one thing but being given something else!

Spent hours on end on calls to customer service, dropped calls, no call backs! Finally they say the 13th/15th Aug date were errors in the system. Anyway they promise to prioritise my installation and will call me back when a earlier date comes up! Was not hopeful but went with it!

Do not hear back from Virgin and the 3rd Sept approaches. Engineer comes and does the installation and and also provides the Burnside for the backup telephone. However there is no mention on his work order about number porting....now thats another story for another day! (see separate threads).

In answer to your question, you will not be given a corded phone although it states it on signup...customer service will have no clue!

Sorry for being so negative!

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for pointing this out to us Nowtv and sorry to hear that this has affected you. I will feed this back to the team.

Do you currently have a phone that you can plug into your hub to use your landline?

Regards

Steven_L

Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out to us Nowtv and sorry to hear that this has affected you. I will feed this back to the team.

Do you currently have a phone that you can plug into your hub to use your landline?

Regards

Steven_L

I have only the Cordless, I am chronic sick/disabled and very reliant on the phone.  I don’t have a corded one for this.  I am hoping, that as I was promised, and even though a mistake, I can get some compensation then I can buy one.

0 Kudos
Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@vlain wrote:

Customer Service of Virgin Media is a shambles! Online ordering even worse!

I signed up online on 10th Aug; at signup was offered 13th or 15th Aug for installation. Very nice! However, then get email confirmation that earliest will be 3rd Sept. Not happy! Promised one thing but being given something else!

Spent hours on end on calls to customer service, dropped calls, no call backs! Finally they say the 13th/15th Aug date were errors in the system. Anyway they promise to prioritise my installation and will call me back when a earlier date comes up! Was not hopeful but went with it!

Do not hear back from Virgin and the 3rd Sept approaches. Engineer comes and does the installation and and also provides the Burnside for the backup telephone. However there is no mention on his work order about number porting....now thats another story for another day! (see separate threads).

In answer to your question, you will not be given a corded phone although it states it on signup...customer service will have no clue!

Sorry for being so negative!

Sorry to hear.  Like you say, when I rung up, customer service have no clue, and are not helpful.  Hope you get sorted soon.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry this wasn't received Nowtv,

Can you please confirm if you received the back up line box?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have the back up line box, just no corded phone if there is a power cut.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming 🙂

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks.

0 Kudos
Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sent you a message back, with what you require.  Thanks.

0 Kudos