cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion to Fibre Home phone

Chocoa510
Joining in

So, as a dutiful customer I responded to the request to phone and book our conversion.

Naturally no direct number for this. You have to negotiate the tree of options to even have a conversation with a human being!

I was told we needed a new router/modem apparently. We would be contacted in a day or so by an engineer to book a visit.

Two weeks later nothing.

No engineer call. No replacement package delivered. No idea what’s happening. No place to check our request on the monolith that is Virginmedia on line.

Given  the original conversation took 30 mins+ to resolve with India(?). I don’t want another futile protracted conversation trying to explain in pidgin English (not the fault of the agent. They speak better English than I do Urdu!)

Can a Virgin mod resolve this please. 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chocoa510, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue getting things sorted before your phone line switches over. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chocoa510, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. I'm glad I've been able to get the appointment sorted for you. 

We do take on board all feedback given so I will pass this over to the relevant teams. All our agents are able to book the home switchover so calling 150 is the right thing to do as there is no dedicated team. This allows us to reach more customers in a shorter period of time. 

I can only apologise it wasn't as straight forward for you. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need further help - you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Chocoa510
Joining in

So here we are after some intervention by a kind  team member, informed I’d get a text with details of what and when (can’t be specific as I haven’t been told!)

….Another week later…

no further forward. Yet another text message to contact VM about the change over. I can’t believe this!

what do I have to do to get this resolved?

Beats me. - It’s embarrassing to complain like this - with a business whose only objective is communication services!
Do just I loose my service due to VM incompetence?

IMG_4278.jpeg

Hi Chocoa510, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad I've been able to clarify a few things and put your mind at ease. 

Thanks for letting us know about the differences on the app and website too. I will pass this over as feedback to the relevant teams. 

If you have any further issues after your appointment, please let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

so the confusion continues. After TWO phone calls to India. Some wonderful help for Kath above ( inc pm’s) does Virgin booking system actually work?

First we had an engineer date of May12

Then it was the 4 or 5

Then it was the 9th

Now it’s back to the Original 12th!

…all these changes we accepted. Changed our plans to be home. We do have other things to do VM other than dance to your tune!

As our line has been disconnected now. Are we likely to be reconnected,

im sorry but I’m beginning to loose  patience!

I defended VM to a new fibre company touting for our business at the door on Saturday. Perhaps I should change supplier after all? They suggested poor VM customer service…Seems they might have a point….

Hi @Chocoa510 thanks for your post here, really sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding the engineer appointment changing.

As Kath has been dealing with your query originally here, please send her a PM directly and she can investigate this matter further for you.

Rest assured, we'll do our best to get things sorted for you!
Many thanks

Tom_W