Menu
AB12
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contact about landline number port

Hi all,

This might be a bit of a unique situation but hopefully I can get some help.

My parents used to be with VirginMedia until about five weeks ago. They moved address and unfortunately VirginMedia do not provide services at the new address. As such they had to choose a new provide and chose BT after being told BT could 'guarantee' that they'd be able to keep their landline number of almost 30 years.

Given I'm posting here, it's unsurprising BT has lied about that 'guarantee'. 

I am a VirginMedia customer, so what I am looking to do is to get my parent's old VirginMedia landline number made into my landline number (then I can deal with ensuring all doctors/companies/people who use that number to contact my parents can be updated appropriately).

My understanding is normally with number porting that the request needs to be made between companies within two weeks of a move, which hasn't happened in this case give the BT misinformation. So what I want to do now is speak to someone at VirginMedia about getting ownership of that landline number (as unfortunately it was originally a BT number, so it's reverted back to BT, however BT are unable to allow my parents to use it), then understand if that can be made into my landline number.

Given BT have very clearly mislead me around this entire process, I am talking to someone there who is keen to ensure this isn't escalated to their regulator. As such, I believe they will be willing to help and port that number back into Virgin's ownership and control.

That being said, given this is a very niche situation, I want to ensure that I can directly deal with the right people at Virgin to enable this to work.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact about landline number port

Hi AB12,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks very much for taking the time to post here.

I am very sorry to hear of the issues your parents had with keeping their landline number with BT, I can appreciate keeping landline numbers can be very important to some customers, especially if they've had them for many years.

I've been able to locate the account and after looking into this further with the telephony team, and they have found that your parent's number has been returned to its original provider (BT) when your parents disconnected their account with us. Please could you call through to BT and ask them to reactivate the number and that we have confirmed that the number was returned to BT on 25/03. We can provide the order number via PM, if this will help it get looked into quicker.

If we can help in any other way please don't hesitate to ask.

Beth

0 Kudos
AB12
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you PM me please?
0 Kudos
AB12
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you do PM me can you reply here to let me know as every time I try to PM you I get an error message. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey AB12,

Yeah sure - I'll pop one over to you now.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
AB12
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I try to reply then get this message "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

Or it says about some HTML issues and to fix the highlighted ones, but then nothing is highlighted.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How strange! There is a limit to the amount of PMs one can send per day, however if you haven't sent any you shouldn't be getting this error. 

Can you please try signing out and back into your Community Forum account, trying a different browser and also trying both over your WiFi network and mobile data?

Let me know if you're still getting an error after trying those steps.

Beth

0 Kudos
AB12
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Looks like it went through in the end now
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi AB12,

Just got your PM, cheers 🙂 I've sent over my response with the order number.

Beth

0 Kudos