cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant engaged tone on landline & unable to dial out.

dcpartington
Joining in

Hi, 

I've been a VM customer for a number of years and in the last day or so my landline has developed an issue where it is constantly engaged. 

I am unable to dial out on my landline either. Phoning my landline from my mobile both when the phone is connected and disconnected leads to an engaged tone. 

I have tried unplugging & reconnecting my landline, resetting all my handsets, nothing seems to fix it. 

I have checked with the VM status page and it states no issue with landlines in my area. 

Is there any other test that can be done on the line before requesting a call out? 

Regards, 

-David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello dcpartington, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your landline service.

We have taken a look from our side and can confirm there is currently a known issue in the area and our team are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. 

The current estimated fix time is 17:20pm today. If you are experiencing issues after this time, please do let us know. 

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello dcpartington, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your landline service.

We have taken a look from our side and can confirm there is currently a known issue in the area and our team are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. 

The current estimated fix time is 17:20pm today. If you are experiencing issues after this time, please do let us know. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks for the update and quick response. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome. 

Please do let us know if you have any questions or if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat