cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection

Tuning in

I dont use the router side of my Virgin modem, I have a separate Linksys router. Can I plug the new phone adaptor into my Linksys router instead of the Virgin modem. The Modem is two rooms away from the phone, the router is next to the phone.

Regards

John

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi John

Thanks for posting in regards to your landline and the recent changes, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

The base unit for he handset would need to be connected to the Hub, it won't work via any third party routers/equipment I'm afraid. You can connect the base unit of a cordless handset to the the Hub meaning you would/could have the handset with you.

Rob

Thanks Rob.

Re previous message.

To use my landline phone do I have to activate the wi-fi side of the hub if I did would this interfere with my Linksys router.

My phones one of the old bakelite phones from the 1950. It was converted to work on the Virgin network, receiving calls and making outward calls.

Regards

John.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us John,

Just to clarify using the phoneline it would need to be connected into the router to gain access to calls via the adaptor.

This will still be able to function with the hub in modem mode.

Regards,

Kain