Menu
Carol58
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Connection

Does anyone know how many engineers it takes to install a new phone and broadband?so far we have had 2 different engineers who each fixed a bit if cable,one on tues and one on thurs,then left saying someone else will come and finish connecting the service.Supposed to be installed on 15th....still waiting.no broadband or home phone yet

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection

Hello @Carol58.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with being installed with our services.

Have we give you any information as to why this has been delayed?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Carol58
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have spent over 3 hours on the phone to customer services and all I keep being told is a date of 22nd June.Which is a week after my original installation date of 15th.My wife needs the Internet as she has been at home since last July and needs it to keep in contact with the family.She was diagnosed with cancer in September and relies on the Internet to keep the family informed of how she is doing.also if we don't do our online priority slot with the supermarket by Friday we will lose our priority slot.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Carol58

Really sorry to hear of the delays to your original installation date and the inconvenience this is causing. During the any of the previous visit's have the technicians advised why they have been unable to complete the installation?

Were you given any dates for this to be completed?

Rob

0 Kudos
Carol58
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On the 15th the engineer said he didn't have all the equipment,even though they knew it was a new installation.and the one yesterday said he had done as much as he could and someone else would come and link the cables to get the service live,but no one turned up.We still have no service,even though my wife is CEV and relies on the Internet to keep the family informed.Its been a shambles to get the service.I have even emailed the CEO,Lutz Schueler,and had no luck.I am starting to think I made a mistake choosing virgin media.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I understand the frustration and your eagerness to get the services installed, I have contacted the Area Field Manager today to see if they can get this looked into further for you.

As soon as I get a response I will let you know here Carol58

Rob

0 Kudos
Carol58
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was told by customer services that the field manager would get back to me within 24 hours.That hasn't happened either.The service is abysmal.Up to today I have spoken to 8 of the staff at customer services and all I ever hear is "sorry".No one cares at virgin media.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Carol58.

I am sorry for the wait 😞 I can see that Rob has emailed the AFM today, it can take some time to hear back from them due to weekend.

We will update you as soon as possible.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Carol58
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have spent over 3 hours on the phone since Tuesday trying to get the service sorted.To me all virgin media wants is people to sign up for the service to make more profit, with very very poor customer service.If everyone who said sorry to me meant it, something would have been done.I ordered the service over a week ago,virgin media should have had everything in place for a new installation. 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carol58, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not received any luck getting things sorted as of yet. 

I can certainly look in to this further for you however in order to discuss the specifics, we will need some information from you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos