cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting new fibre phone adapter issue

MalcL
Tuning in

Like many, I have received the new fibre phone adapter however the main phone socket is in a different room to the router.  My home burglar alarm is linked to the home telephone line too.  The router has multiple devices attached to it and so have no intention of moving the router itself which means the main phone socket will need to be moved into the same room as the router and a telephone cable provided so I can connect this to the router.  The room in which the router is sited is the same room that has the box that comes in from the outside of the house.  To this is one cable which runs under the floorboards to the router at the other end of the room.  The phone cable is wired from inside the box which runs into the other room where the phone socket is sited.  So I need VM to visit to sort out the wiring.  Can someone please help to arrange this (note I don't appear to have received a switchover date yet).  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MalcL thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been unable to connect your landline telephone to your hub and require a technician to attend your property.  I am also sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  I would like to take a look on your behalf and make the required arrangement. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Lee_R