Menu
ganesh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connecting my house alarm to Virgin media

My house alarm currently connected to TalkTalk telephone line. Now I have Virgin media and I need to transfer the Alarm connection to the Virgin media telephone line. 

On the Vergin media router, I can see two ports for the telephone line. Also, I have the Master socket BT (for the old Talk Talk line) located on the wall right next to the Virgin Media router.

So, can I run a telephone cable from Virgin media router telephone socket to the Master socket BT located on the wall? And if I do this, will the house Alarm that is already connected to the old telephone line connection in the house get to connect to the virgin media telephone line? 

Also please can you clarify, for the connection from Virgin media router telephone socket to the Master socket BT located on the wall, do I need to have a filter from Virgin Media or can I use the existing BT filter?

Summary

Virgin media router telephone line >> connection via a cable >>  goes into BT filter >> connection via a cable >> goes into the Master socket BT on the wall

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting my house alarm to Virgin media

Hello ganesh, thanks for posting about your house alarm query. It depends on whether your current house alarm setup is compatible for our landline service as there are so many different types. It also depends on the area/zone you're in. Please see this link to check whether it's compatible or not. Have you also spoken to your house alarm provider as these things may not be automatic and will need them to check on their side.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos