Menu
Li1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connecting landline to Hub 3

When we originally installed Virgin media yrs ago the landline (connected to wall socket) wouldn’t work. I now have a Hub 3 and i want to connect my landline to this. Do I need an engineer to visit? I also don’t have the cable required for the connection. 
I have tried spk to CS but I’m just placed on hold forever!!!

Would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting landline to Hub 3

Firstly, do you pay for a landline service as part of your VM monthly payment/package?

If you log into the VM hub, do you see that telephony is enabled/ready as per screen shot below?

https://setuprouter.com/router/virgin-media/virgin-media-hub-3/setup-75194-large.htm

If the answers to the above are a 'yes', then you need an adapter to connect to 'TEL1' on the back of the hub as per example below in bottom LHS pic

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-line-faults

VM should be able to provide you with the adapter, usually a VM tech can drop one off when passing by.

If either of the answers to the above are a 'no' then you will require some input/help/advice from the VM forum team. They should respond on here within a few days.

0 Kudos
Li1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I pay for the landline as part of a VM package monthly but telephony is showing as disabled.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Li1,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having this issue with your telephone services.

I'd like to get this issue resolved for you. I'll just need to confirm some details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos