forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
RachAustin7
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connecting home phone to hub

Hi, what connector do I need to plug my home phone in to my hub? The home phone socket is too big to fit in the hub and my land line is damaged and so I have been advised to plug the phone in to the hub. Thanks 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connecting home phone to hub

you can't just plug it into the hub.
you will need to get the landline repaired or have VM swap the service over.
I'm guessing you've been advised by offshore.
I don't think it will work they seem to recommend loads of "wrong" things.

VM can send the adapters needed if the services has been switched to CV21
0 Kudos
RachAustin7
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I contact VM to get an adapter to put my phone line in ti the hub? Can't get through on the phone. I think it is set up ready for it. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @RachAustin7

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post. Sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with your landline. As our VIP @apcyberax advises, in order to use the Landline via the Hub (or VOIP services), this needs to be migrated over on your account and the adaptors are usually sent at the same time. 

I have located your account from your forum information and I can see that you have been subscribed to the VOIP landline now for a couple of years; if you are advising that is not the case and you do not have the converter, I'll need to pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and ensure we have the correct information for you. 

Please do look out for a Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos