Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connecting home phone to hub 3.0?

Hi, 

I'm currently on VM's 500 package with home phone, Tv and internet and mobile. I never used the home phone but with working from home I would like to be able to. My router is setup in my office and would like to connect it directly to the router as there is a spare plug/right next my desk/computer

I have a home phone but when I look on my routers page it says that the home phone is disabled. Can this be enabled through customer services or an engineer. I have read from past posts that this used to be for FFTP only but now works for everyone? 

I have an old phone connection in my house but I think this is from BT as it goes to to cables on the pole on the road. 

Thank you for any help

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting home phone to hub 3.0?

The hub based services are currently being used with new customers & house movers only. Check outside where the omnibox is on your front wall & you may be able to see where the standard phone cable comes in. It would be a seperate socket to BT & may have the Virgin logo or a former cable company. Some times it is just a plain unmarked master socket.

If you cannot find one or one was never installed then you will need to be migrated to the 21CV system to use the hub based line.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos