Menu
fljones
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connecting Landline to Hub 3.0

I currently have my home phone connected to the wall socket and wondered if it is possible to have it connected direct into my Hub 3.0.

I have tried connecting a RJ11 cable from my home phone directly into the back of the hub (tel 1 port) but I do not get a dial tone.

I have checked my router settings and Telephony is disabled.

Do I need a special connector to get it to work or can Telephony be enabled to get this to work?

If I can do this without the need for an engineer then this would be great as don't want to have to pay out for an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting Landline to Hub 3.0

Hello

New installs have the hub enabled if you currently have a standard telephone socket then it will not be enabled, you cannot have both hub and standard phone socket. Engineers can swap to the hub connection but that will be dependent on area and only if there is a fault with the standard landline.

As too note that the hub connection for phone-line will stop working if there is a fault with the internet or there is any local lose of power.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos