cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected the phone to the router but not working

Pepe36
Joining in

I have recently been sent an adaptor to connect the phone to the router but it is not working,

10 REPLIES 10

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What date have you been advised the migration will take effect?

Does your phone still work in the old phone socket?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pepe36,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm glad that you've received your landline adaptor! Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with it connecting.

Were you advised about when your switchover date will be, as @Ernie_C advised?

Let us know so that we can help further if needed.

Thanks! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Pepe36
Joining in

Yes it did say 18th October so when my landline stopped working i immediately rang and they they said it was due to the fibre optic switchover, when i’m trying to use the phone it just says line busy and does not work with the old socket

Yes it did say 18th October so when my landline stopped working i immediately rang and they they said it was due to the fibre optic switchover, when i’m trying to use the phone it just says line busy and does not work with the old socket

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pepe36,

No problem at all. I'll be happy to look into this further for you and arrange for a technician appointment so that we can have this issue rectified. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pepe36,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your switchover issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pepe36,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Messages and that you're happy with your rescheduled appointment date and time.

If you need any further help going forward, please let us know so that we can assist further.

Thank you. 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pepe36,

I can confirm that your appointment is booked in as advised in my last Private Message. You can check and manage your appointment through your online account.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help going forward. 😊

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I cannot get to that section to manage the appointments, it does a service status check and actually says there are signal issues in the area and doesn’t let me do anything beyond that