Menu
jonmitchell1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connected phone handset to landline connection and no dial tone

I had my Virgin Media broadband installed in my flat back in September 2018. At the time I didn't have a normal phone and was using my mobile so when the installation took place I didn't have a handset for the engineer to set up / test the land line. With the whole COVID-19 situation I have now bought a new phone handset so that I have another contact method but when I connect it to either the telephone point in the wall or the phone connection on the back of the hub I do not get a dial tone. I don't seem to be able to get through to anyone to discuss this on the phone, online or by email so hoping that one of the mods on here will be able to suggest something e.g. whether there is further config to set up. Thanks, Jon

0 Kudos
CrackingUp
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connected phone handset to landline connection and no dial tone

I have the same problem and would appreciate a solution!
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you're currently plugged into an extension socket or the main socket where your services enter the property?

Can we also please confirm what brand of handset you're using to plug into the wall socket? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
jonmitchell1968
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, 

The phone is a Gigaset AL415 A Duo two phone set. 

I have plugged directly into the Virgin Media branded main phone wall socket that is next to where the broadband cable comes out of the wall and I have also tried connecting from the phone to the Tel 1 port on the back of the hub. I don't get a dial tone for either of them. 

Thanks, 

Jon

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonmitchell1968,

Thanks for confirming, I've run through diagnostics and it's showing that we need to arrange engineer to get this sorted. 

I've popped you over a private message so I can do this (purple envelope in the top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos