cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app hidden device

Soph_lefrve
Joining in

Hi there 

My son's PC does not seem to appear on my connect app even though it is connected to Internet via ethernet cable. Is there a way of fixing this?

Many thanks

Sophie 

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Soph_lefrve, 

Thanks for your post.

The connect App will only monitor devices connected over Wifi.

Can we ask if you need help with the PC being visible?

Gareth_L

Hi

Yes that is right - the PC doesn't show up in the app. It did previously and has always had ethernet cable but he got a new part for it recently and it has since vanished.

Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @Soph_lefrve.

Have you tried to reboot or do a pin hole reset of your hub since the issues started?

As my colleague stated though, it would only be visible, if connected by WiFi, is your son able to try that, to see if the PC becomes visible?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi

Will try a reboot, not sure what a pin hole reset is though, can you advise?

I think he is connected to WiFi as well but will check.

Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @Soph_lefrve.

A pin hole reset is holding in the rest button on the back of your hub, if you can hold that in for around 45 to 60 seconds with a pen or a safety pin, this will reset the hub to the factory settings, you can find more information about this here.

Please let me know if the reboot or the reset helps you to get visibility of your sons PC?

Also, have you tried to remove and re-install the connect app from your device(s)?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi

Thanks for your help. It seems that his PC is only connected via ethernet which explains why I can't see it. I have logged into WiFi instead and put filtering restrictions in place. 

Thanks again 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Soph_lefrve,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to have this issue resolved!

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs