cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion within VM about home phone switch-over?

Logic800
Fibre optic

Last night we realised that our landline calls going out to other landline numbers prompted a fault message. Strangely calls to mobile numbers were fine. Rang support, who ran tests and came back to say that we had been ported over to phone via the hub, and that we needed extra equipment to enable the phone to work. I queried why we had not been notified, and was told the email had been sent to an old address. I also asked if the new equipment needed power, and was told it did, and that I would receive it within the next 48hrs, it would be self install.

Today the phone is back working normally, without any new equipment.  This can't be difficult to get right, can it?

5 REPLIES 5

megan34
Joining in

As i know you raised concerns about not being notified about the switch, and support informed you that the notification email had been sent to an old address. Additionally, you inquired about the power requirements of the new equipment and were informed that it does need power. The support representative assured you that the necessary equipment would be delivered to you within the next 48 hours, and it would be a self-installation process.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Logic800,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your landline! 

Glad to hear that your service is back up and running, but sorry that you've had some confusing information from our team. Virgin Media is in the process of moving to a Fibre Network for our landlines

Other service providers are looking to make this switch by 2025. 

When the team is in the process of completing the Landline Switchover in your local area, we'll get in touch via text, email or letter to let you know the further steps. 

Is there anything else I can do to help you today? 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for rearranging my sentences.

Thank you for the response Paulina_Z.  I guess my questions have to be, will I be receiving the promised equipment within the now next 24hrs, and if I wasn't ported last night, what was the cause of the fault?

Hi @Logic800

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. 

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel