Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Confused About Landline/Mobile...

I got the Oomph Bundle not too long ago. I'm new to a lot of things, and was just in the TV forums getting help for little things here and there.

One of the things I don't get is how the Mobile and Landline options work. I have the SIM card, which was delivered days before the actual install. Now, I haven't even touched it yet, as there's been no need to. I also know that some Landline thing was attached to the back of the Virgin router when the guy was installing the Virgin TV. I have some questions:

What's the idea behind he Landline attachment on the back of the router? What is it used for? The Virgin guy said something about it being used for attaching Landline phones into the back of the router, as the old way is no longer used, where the phone goes into the wall; he says it goes into the router nowadays...

Is the Landline and Mobile connected in any way? I know I get a certain amount of data to use with no additional cost to the bill, but how does it work for the Landline? If I get a Landline phone, would calls made using this be charged due to it being separate from the Mobile, or is it not separate in any way from the Virgin Mobile option?

Does anybody even use Landlines these days? If so, where do you get one and is there even a real need to look out for a good one, or just go with some standard cheap thing that works like the old days?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused About Landline/Mobile...

The landline and mobile are not connected in any way.
The VOIP landline is just the same as any other landline. you pay for the line rental and package and pay for any calls not included in the package.

It is no different to any other landline other then it connects to the hub and not its own cable back to the exchange

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos