Menu
Potts1969
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

I am writing on here for help, am so stressed with my treatment as a new member to the virgin !!!  I requested that my home phone and mobile sim card be cancelled from my current package as they are not in use.  I am being billed for them even though they are not in use. I try calling to cancel this, I was passed to 4 departments then was left on hold for 50 minutes with no reply.  I tried to call a further 2 times asking what a bill was for I had received and was told 'I don't know what the bill is for!!!!. That same bill has now been transferred to a debt collection agency.  I am being charged a lot more than I was originally quoted for and I have made a complaint online....email.....and in writing....and still 3 weeks later no reply at all...but get emails constantly asking me to pay a bill that I don't understand......

Please please can someone help me....I am so upset by this...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint

Hi Potts1969, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear that you're having some trouble cancelling part of your services, I can assure you it's not the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

So can you confirm you want to cancel your Virgin Media landline and Mobile phone? 

Have you been given a complaint reference number at all? 

Just so you know if you currently have a Virgin Media bundle then it might not reduce your cost by cancelling the landline. 

Let us know, we're keen to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Potts1969
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for a reply, you are the only person after 2 months that has.  I was originally quoted £39.95 a month for a standard media bundle, so tv , broadband and landline (I don't have a landline phone and don't want one) .  Then I was persuaded to get a virgin SIM card for my son for 8.99 with a £20.00 limit on it.  My son then broke his phone and has had one since. I called to cancel the SIM card and have been trying to do so for nearly 2 months!!!! I then started to get bills for an additional £30, when I called and asked what this was for , the reply was I don't know!!!!!.  I did not pay the £30 and am now being threatened by a debt collection agency!!!!   Disgusting customer services.  I haven't got a reference number because no one has replied to any of my complaints.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Potts1969,

Thanks for coming back to us and I'm sorry to see that you've been left frustrated by our customers services.

We wouldn't be able to cancel services, or take payment over our Community Forum, however I can look into the mobile phone bill for you to explain any charges to you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos