Menu
Waqj1981
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Complaint response

Has anyone else had the lame response to a complaint advising they tried to call but could not get through? 

I have had this 3 times now, but not a singe missed call. I have confirmed my mobile number to virginmedia a number of times. 

On  top of that the response in their email doesn't make sense..'refer to self care'

Each time when the complaint was re opened a call was promised.  Out of the multiple times I've been promised calls back, (I'd guess 10+) only 3 people have bothered to call. 

Are the managers and complaints team too arrogant to call disgruntled customers back? 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint response

"Are the managers and complaints team too arrogant to call disgruntled customers back? "

Not at all, it's just a tactic to end a call that an agent can't handle because they either don't have the skills, systems, or authority to take ownership and resolve a complaint (and probably all three apply).  It is a common experience with complaints to get an automated message from the company claiming that "we tried to reach you and there was no answer", even when the customer knows full well that no attempt was made.  VM management know what their customers think (for example, they can read comments on Trustpilot or ISPReview), and although most customers don't need to contact the company or complain, those that do often discover a low cost, poor quality customer service model, and complaints handling that seems to be performed with the same lack of customer focus, energy, or skill.  The forum staff are a welcome beacon of light in this darkness, so there's a little hope yet.

I'll flag this for forum staff to advise on getting whatever the complaint was about resolved, if that doesn't deliver then you should consider the much slower, but often bone-crushingly effective option of escalating to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.  The key thing about approaching CISAS is that either eight weeks must have passed since the complaint was formally notified (regardless of outcome), or you you can approach CISAS before that so long as the company have issued you a "deadlock letter", which is typically where your complaint asked for a particular settlement or outcome, and they are actively refusing.  Once a complaint is made to CISAS and accepted, VM can't then communicate with you about that matter until CISAS issue an adjudication, so you can't "mix and match", you escalate to CISAS if you have concluded that you have exhausted the ability of the company to address the matter.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint response

Hi Waqj1981,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with trying to get your complaint looked at. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide