Menu
royjevans
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint raised but I've been lied to

My phone line hasn't worked for 7 months - long story and documented on here, but a potted version is that an engineer determined a new cable was needed in June 2020 (cutting my cable in the process). It turns out that the new cable requires a wayleave agreement from my neighbour, but in November I'd heard nothing and neither had they so I raised a complaint. I was contacted by the complaints team in December who said they were sorting it. Just had another call to say that it was agreed and the cable would be renewed soon. Based on the information I was given by VM on the call, I agreed to close the complaint. But then I checked with my neighbour and he has heard nothing, so hasn't agreed to anything. 

I have basically been lied to and am furious at the amount of time and effort that is going in to sort out a problem that has been ongoing for 7 months. I now have to raise another complaint as talking to anyone who knows anything is practically impossible. 

I love the broadband, but this is the most appalling customer service I have ever experienced, and to be told a lie in order to close an official complaint is beyond belief.

Advice and help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint raised but I've been lied to

I am really sorry your landline has taken so much time to get back up and running royjevans.

Can I ask if your landline is plugged into a traditional socket?  Or via the hub.  It sounds like a traditional socket.

Regards

Lee_R

royjevans
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee

Thanks for replying. It's connected via a traditional socket - we cannot have Voip because apparently our number is not supported. 

I'm just frustrated by the whole thing. It shouldn't take this long, but I was just totally shocked that I was told a blatant lie this morning just so the complaint could be marked as resolved. It really leaves a sour taste. Thankfully this forum is always helpful - if there is anything you can do it will be appreciated. 

Cheers 

Roy

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your patience Roy.  Where does your landline number originate from if you don't mind me asking?  Or has the 21CVOC already been tried, tested and failed?  

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Actually Roy, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos