Menu
Joshuasmith94
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint after issue

Hello, 

I am after some advice.

I took out a new contract which included landline telephone, this was fitted in January 2018, after two years of not receiving any incoming phone calls I check and the line had been dead. After contacting virging in January 2020 they confirmed that the line had been dead since the start of the contract. When the engineers came to fix it they explain that where our phone line was connected into a board in one of the green boxes, it had not been placed in the correct port. In January 2020 I was told this would be compensated and it would be credited in the next full months bill. 

I fell ill in the march which was the month it should have been credited. Since the pandemic this has been the last thing on my mind. After chasing it today, customer service has said that the automated compensation went to a manual check and they deem me not to have any compensation. The original lady did not tell me that this would happen and no one contacted me to advise this had happened. 

The line rental for the landline that we had no service was £19.99pm, 24 months at £19.99 is £479.76. After spending a hour on the phone this time the best they could offer me was £19.99 of my next bill, this is not even 5% of the price I had been charged for a service I had not received. This was extremely insulting and dispointing. 

The gentleman on the phone was very helpful and said this was the best his manager would do.

I wanted to take this further but he said this was all he could do. After being with virgin media since they took over Telewest this was very disappointing.

Can someone advise on the next best step to take because I believed this is extremely unfair to have lost out a large amount of money for somthing that was a engineers fault from the beginning.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint after issue

Virgin are correct, you get a refund from the day you report it to the time virgin fix it. There is no proof that it went off 2 years ago or if it went off 5mins before you noticed it in January 2020. 

crany
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As jb66 said you dont really have a case but you can find out how to make a complaint here
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Code_of_Pract...
0 Kudos
Joshuasmith94
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The engineer confirmed that the previous engineer who switch the port over done it wrong

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As long as they fixed it withing 2 days of you reporting a full lose of service you are not entitiled to automatic compensation i think from reading the guidlines you can check them here https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

But if you want any other compensation you best to follow the complaints thing i posted
0 Kudos