cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

SAF2
Tuning in

Virgin Media.
My landline telephone service was 'inadvertently' disconnected by Virgin on Monday the 12th of December 2022.
It then took Virgin until Monday the 16th of January to reconnect the service.
The fault was reported to Virgin when it happened on the 12th of January 2022.

Virgin Media emailed me on the 16th of January [our Loss of Service (KMM102106990V71392L0KM)] to inform me that I would be compensated under their scheme as follows: "you’ll see a credit on your next bill. The credit you get will be £8.40 per day, for every day’s delay that was our fault, starting 2 full working days after you reported it to us."

My service was 'down' for 35 days, therefore I would expect, under your scheme, compensation to be (35-2) x £8.40 = £277.20.

For the billing period 20 Feb 2023 - 19 Mar 2023, you credited me for 5 days service loss at £42.

Also, 0n 04 Jan 2023, one of your agents on the help forum helping me with this outage, stated that my monthly charges would not be increased - but they were.

For the billing period 12 Dec 2022 - 19 Feb 2023, you increased my charges from £82.65 to £93 and also on top of this billed me for package changes and activation fees.

Based on the information that Virgin Media has itself supplied me, I would expect the following:
1. Further compensation for the 28 days loss of service (£235.20), as laid out in your compensation scheme.
2. My monthly charges to be returned to £82.65 in line with your agents advice.

Please can you help resolve this

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey SAF2,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I would be happy to take a further look into your compensation issues but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L