Menu
SHLee09
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Compensation for loss of service

I had a loss of home phone service on 2 occasions recently but had no compensation and have been billed for the full amount for all my services for the last 2 months.

I called your customer service line today and due to the wait I accepted a text with URL link for help/support, but the link is broken/not working.

I reported my 1st loss of home phone service on 04/07/20 and it did not get fixed until 08/07/20, on that day the engineer came to fix the home phone line he also noticed their was a problem with my broadband. I told him my broadband speed was inconsistent, I'm on 100 Mbps and get a (wired) high of 76Mbps one minute then a low of 10Mbps then next minute of which I have complained about in February 2020. The engineer said he will look at it after fixing the phone line, after fixing the phone line going in and out of the flat (60 mins) he said sorry but I'm only allowed 45-60 mins per call out, the broadband problem needs to be fixed at another call out, in which the engineer said he will report. An engineer came to fix my broadband problem on the 13/07/20.

I don't expect compensation for the 1st home phone loss of service because it was reported at the weekend and fixed within 3 working days, but do expect some form of compensation for the inconsistent and low broadband speeds and the wait to get it fixed.

I reported my 2nd loss of home phone service on 30/07/20 and it did not get fixed until 20/08/20, when I looked at my account it did look like you had credited my account, but upon checking my VM billing and account today there is no credit or compensation and my bank statements (August and September) show I have been billed/paid the full amount of money.

So that's at least 19 days x £8 per day (£152) of which you have not compensated me, you have my details but still charge me for the full billing amount, you are signed up to the Ofcom ruling and as per your automatic compensation scheme page, you have reinstated/returned to the scheme on the 01/06/20. 

Please pay me the compensation for the loss of service.

Yours Faithfully

SHLee09

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation for loss of service

There are a big bunch of T&Cs and small-print which run alongside this automatic compensation scheme (compensation page below). Not quite as 'automatic' as the name first suggests. Check to see which (if any) apply to your situation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation#faqs

Fortunately you seem to have some good records of all the events. Hope you manage to get some money back.

The forum team should be able to look into this for you and advise or point you in the right direction. They may take upto a week to reply to a post.

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation for loss of service

Hi SHLee09,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the service, The compensation would be for the portion of the service that has been affected, it would not be for the whole bill. @goslow is correct that they can be certain factors that may prevent this from happening, which can be found on the link provided, But I'll send you a PM to have a look at your account for you,

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos