Menu
Chezmoi30p
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Click Click Woohooo!!

They say a snazzy subject grabs attention, so here goes!

On Friday 4th Dec 2020 I received an e-mail from Virgin Media inviting me to upgrade my package as follows:-

If you can’t get enough excitement in your life, here’s something else you need in it – our Bigger bundle + Sports. It’s brilliant for staying entertained – and keeping in touch.

So, what’s in our Bigger bundle + Sports?

so thinking this was an opportunity not to be missed, I clicked on the upgrade link and was taken to the genuine VM site where my application to upgrade was accepted.... apparently. Having never heard any more I've tried the link again, and now get:-

"You’ve already placed your order for our – thanks! So, keep an eye on your inbox for an email about your new package details (it may even be there already)"

Well I'm still keeping both eyes on my inbox, but as I've never heard a dicky more, I'm now beginning to wonder if it was some sort of very sophisticated scam 😢. There's no sign of any upgrade in my online account and when I attempt to see if I'm eligible for one on any of the services I take, I'm met with a resounding NO!!

Just wondering if anyone else in the VM Community has had a similar experience, or if a moderator can be of assistance.

Many thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Click Click Woohooo!!

Hi there @Chezmoi30p

Welcome back - sorry about having any issues with an email and upgrade offer. We have had some offered emailed out for Black Friday but when checking our marketing list, nothing was sent on the date you advise but it does sound similar to our earlier Black Friday emails we sent. 

When the link took you to our website, did you have to log into your MyVirginMedia online account to action the upgrade? 

Whilst we're not able to assist with package changes or upgrades here on our Community, please do feel free to give us a call on 150/03454541111 or pop us a text on 07533051809 and our Customer Care team will be happy to have a check to see if we have any offers still available for you. 

Keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chezmoi30p
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks for your response.

The e-mail in question from email@em.virginmedia.com was received on Fri 04/12/2020 at 18:14 and contained a link so that the offer could (and still can!) be viewed online.

As it contains personal info I can send this link to you via a private message if you let me know how to! If you are saying that nothing official was sent out on on near that day, then that would suggest this is either a mistake or some sort of scam. Either way I would very much like to find out what happened.

To be honest, I can't remember if I was asked to login to my account to activate this offer, but either way I would have expected more communication after I replied!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, Chezmoi30p,

Is there anything located under the Orders Tab on your online account

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Chezmoi30p
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

Thanks for getting back to me.

No - nothing there

Just to show it wasn't a dream(!!) this was the content of the e-mail - slightly redacted and de-formatted to remove any personal details :-

500mb Fibre Broadband

Way faster average download speeds of 500mb

Great for streaming on multiple devices

Talk More Anytime

Enjoy inclusive anytime calls to UK landlines and UK mobile numbers, plus inclusive calls to 0870/0845 numbers

Plus, you'll keep all the other great services you have now

£133.00 a month for 18 months

What difference will our ultrafast broadband make?

Big up Box Set streaming, go to town on video calling and have more fun, faster.

How our home phone packages will keep you chatting

Inclusive minutes mean you can stay on the line as long as you like.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for replying, Chezmoi30p,

If it isn't showing from the online account, I can only advise the same as Katie, which is to check with Sales or Care team at the above number.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos