cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for scam phone charges

mikegibas
Joining in

Just had a scam call (or it sounded like one) but stupidly pressed a number on my phone to stop the calls. How can I check that I haven’t been charged a preposterous sum by some scammer? Why is it so impossible to speak with someone from Virgin, or have a real-time way of looking at calls and charges on my home phone?

2 REPLIES 2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mikegibas, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have experienced a phishing call, we will be able to help check for charges. 

To do this, I will just need to take a few details via private message. I will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@mikegibas wrote:

Just had a scam call (or it sounded like one) but stupidly pressed a number on my phone to stop the calls. How can I check that I haven’t been charged a preposterous sum by some scammer? Why is it so impossible to speak with someone from Virgin, or have a real-time way of looking at calls and charges on my home phone?

Not sure I have ever read an actual case of that happening on here from an inbound call but it does get mentioned occasionally in topics from concerned customers.

To reassure yourself, if you log into 'My Virgin Media' and go to the billing section, you should be able to see pending usage charges on your phone line before your next bill is generated.