Menu
strider
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Check phone line

Could you please check my phone, display says check phone line done that . Thing is I have a hospital appointment by phone on Monday afternoon please help

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Check phone line

Good Afternoon strider,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I' sorry to see you've been having issues with your phone line.

Can you please tell me if you have a dial tone on the handset? Can you make a call on the landline and is it possible to see if you can receive a call on the landline?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
strider
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello David, no dial tone and can't make or receive calls.i have tried to phone from my mobile but display still says check phone line
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers so much for popping back and letting us know @strider

I have located your account from your forum information and we currently have no area issues for the landline fault you advise; everything is looking as it should from this end - have you been able to check an alternative handset at all? Can you advise what happens when you try and call your line from your mobile? 

(if this is a cordless phone, are all handsets fully charged and is the base unit plugged into the master socket?)

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
strider
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie
Sorry I don't have an alternative phone. When I ring from my mobile I can hear ringing in my mobile.but nothing on landline. I had the same sort of fault back in October same symptoms line became active after about a week
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi strider

Thanks for coming back to us. We do from our checks ran need an engineer visit.

I'll PM you now to arrange.

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
strider
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi John
Got a text this morning saying that a tec would be out on Monday morning.Thanks for all your help team it's much appreciated
0 Kudos
strider
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Pleased to say the phone line fault was fixed before 9 am this morning. Great service and thank you for the help from the forum
0 Kudos