Menu
bharatjagatia
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Check phone line not working

Since 01/06/21 my phone line is not working, I have done all the necessary checks, no problems have been detected, and also unable to book an engineer as phone line not working and virgin not taking on line bookings, phoned the 0345 number from my mobile which is not virgin, waited 25 mins in queue and gave up. HELP!

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Check phone line not working

Hi @bharatjagatia,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you so much for your first post, and I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline!

Can you tell us more about the issues you're experiencing? Can you make or receive calls at all? Does your landline have a dial tone? 

We'll be more than happy to look into this issue for you. Please keep us updated.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bharatjagatia
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone, unable to receive or make call

0 Kudos
bharatjagatia
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @bharatjagatia,

Thank you for getting back to me and for checking.

Would you be able to tell me if your landline phone is plugged into the main socket or an extension socket? A main socket will have a logo on it, whereas the extension will not.

If you're plugged into the extension, please plug the landline phone into a main socket and let us know if this helped get your dial tone back.

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your landline phone socket? Is it more or less than three? 

If you're currently at home, please try the following steps:

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

When you've tried the above steps, please let me know if your issue has been resolved, or if it's still ongoing. 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bharatjagatia
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Plugged into main virgin socket, still no dial tone

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @bharatjagatia,

Thank you for checking the diagnostic steps with me and for letting me know that this issue is still ongoing.

It looks like we will need to get a Technician appointment set up in order for this issue to be resolved.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details before I can book in your appointment. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @bharatjagatia,

Thank your for confirming your details with me over Private Message.

I was able to book in a technician appointment for the first available slot. Please take a look at your online account to manage your appointment and reschedule if needed.

If you cannot see your appointment, and need extra help, please let me know. 🙂

Keep us updated on your visit and how you get on. 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos