cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check line cord

lindseym47
Tuning in

Good afternoon looking for some advice elderly parents got rid of broadband and tv, but kept landline. It’s not working as off today get engaged tone when trying to phone them, and they have no dial tone 

10 REPLIES 10

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lindseym47 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear your parent's landline is down. We can understand your concern and want to best help. Can you let me know how your parent's landline is set up? Is it connected to the wall or via the hub? Have they mentioned anything regarding a landline switchover?  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/digital-voice-switchover

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

lindseym47
Tuning in

Thanks phone line is working again they have just contacted me 🙂

Glad to hear their landline is up and running again 🙂 Please do not hesitate to contact us if they need any further help

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

lindseym47
Tuning in

There having same problem again, think its connected to the wall

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lindseym47 👋

I'm sorry to hear that the Landline is having the same issue as earlier. Have they received any communications regarding a switchover to our Fibre Phone service? 

Do you hear any error messages when attempting to call the number? Are they able to ring out, or receive calls?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

lindseym47
Tuning in

Had no communication about switchover. they cant make or receive calls almost like line is permantly engaged, they rely on phone, they have tryed the upstairs phone its the same 

lindseym47
Tuning in

Just says check line cord on phone 

lindseym47
Tuning in

They did request for broadband to be cancelled it wouldn't be that ?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that, lindseym47.

I'm going to send you a private message, so I can look into this further. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ