Menu
PhilSmith
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

“Check Phone Line” displayed on handset

Woke up this morning to find our landline handsets are displaying “Check Phone Line”. Run the online test and no fault found. The phone line socket is tucked away in the corner with no kids nor pets to move/chew/dislodge it but unplugged and plugged back in. Ran test again and still no fault found. Can you help please?

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: “Check Phone Line” displayed on handset

Hi PhilSmith, 

Thanks for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your landline, I have managed to locate your account and can see you are affected by an outage which is affecting your landline, the reference for this is F009066073 and the estimated fix time is 02/06/2021 20:30:00

Zoie

0 Kudos
PhilSmith
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Phone is not working yet but the online check is still showing everything is OK. Hopefully it will be back up & running later this evening.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PhilSmith,

Thank you for getting back to us here on this.

Be sure to keep us posted with how you get on, and if the issue persists beyond the advised estimated fix time let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PhilSmith
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Phone still showing “Check Phone Line” this morning.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PhilSmith,

Thank you for getting back to us in regards to your landline issue!

I can see on the system that the area outage has been resolved, and I'm sorry to see that you're still experiencing this problem!

Can you tell us if you're experiencing any other issues with your landline? Are you able to make and receive calls?

Have you tried to unplug and reconnect your Landline since the area issue has been resolved? 

Please let us know so we can look into this a little further for you.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PhilSmith
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have unplugged the telephone from the master socket and plugged it back in again, as I did yesterday. Still go the same message on the phone and still can’t make or receive calls.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PhilSmith,

Thank you for getting back to me about this issue. Thank you for confirming the issues you're experiencing and for letting me know what self-care steps you've taken to resolve this issue.

Our online landline fault diagnostic tool is very helpful in recognising landline faults and directing you in the direction of taking further steps.

However, after going through the diagnostics available on our system, I can see that this issue will need a technician appointment. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few things before the technician appointment is booked.

Please keep an eye out for a purple at the top corner of your forum page. I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PhilSmith,

Thank you for confirming your details with me over Private Message.

I was able to book your appointment for the first available slot. You can manage or reschedule your appointment on your online account

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes, and if this resolves your issue, so we can help further if needed. 

Thanks! 🙂 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos