Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Charges for phone calls that never been made

Hello all,

At my last bill, I have been changed for 15 calls made on a single telephone number. I have never made these calls; we do not even have a phone device!

I have spoken to the customer service and the lady to whom I was speaking to was quite unkind and offensive. She persisted that she has checked the system and I have made the calls and I have to pay for them. Absolutely crazy.

I was wondering if anyone could help me by explaining how I should process with this matter. I am not willing to pay the sum although is quite small. Who can guarantee that this is not going to happen again next month?

Is there any legal actions that I have to take?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charges for phone calls that never been made

Unfortunately the onus is on you to prove that you did not make the calls.

The most likely cause is a crossed line with another customer or a fault in the local cabinet. In either case you need to call faults & not billing, as they cannot deal with this.

If it is proven that there is a fault causing this then of course you will be refunded.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charges for phone calls that never been made

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with phone calls that you haven't made. I can take a look into your account and see if there is indeed a crossed line as nodrogd suggested.

I will drop over a private message in a few moments, please respond and we can get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos