cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges fir calling scammer

JimGleeson
Joining in

Has any one else been charged for making lengthy calls to 08447014444? This is number used by Microsoft scammers. I have been charged £8.80 for calls I have not made. I have chatted to a chap at Virgin who insists these calls were made and refuses to waive the charge. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JimGleeson wrote:

Has any one else been charged for making lengthy calls to 08447014444? This is number used by Microsoft scammers. I have been charged £8.80 for calls I have not made. I have chatted to a chap at Virgin who insists these calls were made and refuses to waive the charge. 

Phantom call charges have cropped up regularly on the forum in the past, although there have not been any topics about them recently.

Is your VM phone line provided via a conventional telephone wall socket or via a connection on the back of the VM hub?

AIUI, the crossed-wires explanation does not apply to 21CV connections via the back of the hub (although some kind of back-office billing error may also be possible).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JimGleeson

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of this call charge dispute. If you wish to dispute this, we can send out an engineer visit to investigate a potential crossed line. However, if our engineer doesn't find this to be the case, then the charges would be valid and you'd be billed a further £99 call out fee.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JimGleeson wrote:

Phantom call charges have cropped up regularly on the forum in the past, although there have not been any topics about them recently.

Is your VM phone line provided via a conventional telephone wall socket or via a connection on the back of the VM hub?

AIUI, the crossed-wires explanation does not apply to 21CV connections via the back of the hub (although some kind of back-office billing error may also be possible).